Lawndale Pet Hospital’s Diagnostic Abilities: Quicker Diagnosis, Quicker Recovery
Pets that are injured, in an emergency situation, or showing signs of illness respond better to treatment the sooner it can be started. Lawndale Pet Hospital understands that a quick diagnosis can make all the difference in an effective and speedy recovery. We have invested in state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to give pets and their owners answers and options as efficiently as possible.
- Digital radiology — Unlike traditional film X-ray technology, digital X-ray or radiology gives our veterinarians more accurate images with less exposure to pets. The digital images have a higher resolution, allowing them to be enlarged to reveal small fractures or subtle joint conditions. Our doctors can manipulate the images for the best view, so the need for additional X-rays is all but eliminated. Because they are in digital format, we can also easily send the images to specialists through email for consultation on challenging cases or send the images to the pet owner for his or her records.
- Veterinary ultrasound — Ultrasound is a non-invasive means of examining a pet’s internal structures in real time so we can not only check for normal shape, position, and condition of a structure, but also we can see organs as they are functioning.
- Endoscopy — An endoscope is a diagnostic tool that has a tiny camera and light affixed to the end of a flexible tube. The endoscope can be used to view the internal surface of a pet’s nasal passages, esophagus, or any part of the gastrointestinal tract. A tool can also be attached to the endoscope allowing our veterinarians to use it to remove foreign bodies that a pet may have ingested or to take biopsy samples. The procedure is completed while the pet is under anesthesia. Being minimally invasive, pets are typically able to go home the same day the endoscopy is performed.
- In-House Diagnostic Laboratory — Our in-house lab allows us to run blood, stool, and urine samples to:
- Screen for parasites
- Check for normal blood chemistry
- Screen for infectious diseases, including
- Feline leukemia
- Feline immunodeficiency virus
- Canine parvovirus
- Evaluate for annual adjustment of medications
Having the testing equipment in-house has allowed us to have results for critical patients in the shortest amount of time so treatment procedures can be initiated.
If you have any questions about the diagnostic capabilities of Lawndale Pet Hospital, please contact our knowledgeable staff.